NOTE: Currently the Library is closed and cannot accept book donations. Please check back for updates on donations and book sales. Thank you.
Support the Library by donating:
- Books (hardback and paperback) in good, clean, readable condition (think “almost new”)
- Unless your are donating less than 8 books, please put them in boxes before bringing them to the Library.
Items that cannot be used – please do not donate these:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Business books published more than 10 years ago
- Computer books published more than 10 years ago
- Textbooks published more than 10 years ago
- Encyclopedias published more than 10 years ago
- Vinyl records
How are these donations used?
Most donations go to The Friends of The Bellaire Library for the group’s twice-yearly outside book sales, or to the shelf of the ongoing inside book sale. On rare occasions, donations are added to the Library Collection. These are usually books of special or local interest.
How to Donate:
NOTE: Currently the Library cannot accept book donations.
Donations can be delivered to the circulation desk at the front of the Bellaire Library, 5111 Jessamine in Bellaire, but please call in advance.
Please deliver any book donations no later than 14 days prior to the next Book Sale if at all possible. For more information, call 713-662-8160.
Are non-monetary donations tax-deductible?
Yes. The Friends of the Bellaire Library is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent allowed by law. All book sale proceeds are used to benefit the Bellaire City Library.
Because we are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of IRS regulations and may be matched by your employer. Please check, and thank you.