The Indoor sale resumed when the Library was allowed to re-open, please drop by to find new arrivals. Book donations are being accepted at the rear of the Bellaire Library on the first Saturday of the month. Call 713-662-8160 to verify the date and check on the scheduled time. Thank you.
The Friends Of The Bellaire Library holds two major book sales each year, Spring and Fall. We also maintain an indoor sale throughout the year.
At each sale, books and other items in good condition are offered to the general public, including:
- Books in good clean condition (think “almost new”)
- Hardback books in good, clean condition
- Paperbacks in good, clean condition
- Children’s and young adults books in good, clean condition
Most hardback books cost $2.00 and paperback books cost $1.00, but the sale may also feature “better books” including recent releases, rare and collectible books, and sets of books, which are available at affordable prices. The price of other items varies, but all are “good deals”!
The Friends also maintain an ongoing sale of used books and DVDs at the “Friends Corner” inside the Bellaire Library. We have expanded the indoor sale space to the rear wall of the Library under the oak tree! Prices for the indoor sales may vary.
Unless your are donating less than 8 books, please put them in boxes before bringing them to the Library. Find more information here.
Book Sale Dates
When is the next Book Sale? The Friends Book Sales are held each Spring and Fall. Please bring your own boxes or bags when possible. Scheduled dates for 2021 are:
Saturday, October 2, 2021 – 9:30 to 2:30
Where will the Book Sales be held? The Book Sales are held in the parking lot behind the Bellaire Library, 5111 Jessamine in Bellaire. View Map Here.
How to volunteer at the Book Sales
Volunteers are always needed at Book Sales. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
FRIENDS OF THE BELLAIRE LIBRARY BOOK SALE GUIDELINES
In order to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all participants at our Book Sale, we expect attendees to adhere to the following:
- Please be courteous in your behavior toward others.
- In fairness to others, do not remove quantities of books from the tables to decide later which to purchase. Please do not remove the crates and boxes holding books.
- Please select and examine books on an individual basis.
- Hand-held devices to check books may only be used at the tables. Do not stack up books to check later.
- Keep all aisles, doorways and passageways clear of boxes, stacks of books, and/or people sitting on the floor or in chairs. Fire Department regulations require that all aisles be kept clear at all times.
- The only area provided for those who wish to sit or to stack books they have decided to purchase is buy the checkout area.
- If you line up before the opening of the sale, you must remain in the line except for short 10-minute breaks or lose your place. You may not save places for others who have not been in line.
- Please, no food or drink near tables with books.
- A limited amount of bags for customers are available at the check-out. Please bring your own boxes or bags whenever possible.
Thanks, and hope to see you at the next sale!
Because we are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of IRS regulations and may be matched by your employer. Please check, and thank you.