Gift yourself or a friend a Blind Date with a Book. These are highly rated books wrapped to match with their content- but keeping the title a secret. Find them in the Book Sale section of the Library.
Also happening now at the library:
Winter Reading Challenge – for readers of all ages, register to win prizes.
February 17, Book Club on The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store, hosted by Chris Arrowood at 2:30 pm in the library. Happy Reading!
The Friends of the Bellaire Library was established in 1951 by the Bellaire Women’s Civic Club as a not-for-profit organization, devoted to the establishment, support, and enhancement of the Bellaire City Library. In addition to annual dues from members, the Friends primarily raise funds by holding used book sales during the year. Please join us for semi-annual outdoor book sales, the ongoing indoor sale, and special events.
The City of Bellaire is fortunate to be able to to support our quality of life with comprehensive library services. Our Library provides materials, programs, and reference service through available technology that meets the recreational, research, and informational needs of Library patrons of all ages. New members, charitable donations, and volunteers are always welcome!
Our donations to the Bellaire Library help fund:
- Summer reading support through funding of reading incentives, programs, and this year’s registration software
- Sets of reference material like World Book Encyclopedia
- Funds for support of digital e-books (Hoopla)
- Purchasing books for adult and teen book clubs
- Furniture for Young Adult area
- Posters and signage for the interior of the library
- Outdoor Book Return followed in later years by an art covering for it
- Collaboration with Patrons for Bellaire Parks to improve the backyard area of the library for outdoor library activities
- Funds for specific topics for the collection development
- Promotion and support of all library activities and celebrations
Hope to see you soon!
Because we are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of IRS regulations and may be matched by your employer.
Please check, and thank you.