A Book Sale will be held on Saturday, October 2, 2021, from 9 AM to 2 PM. Everyone is invited, and volunteers are always welcome! If you wish to volunteer please sign up here: SIGNUP GENIUS
The Friends of the Bellaire Library was established by the Bellaire Women’s Civic Club in 1951 as a not-for-profit organization, devoted to the establishment, support, and enhancement of the Bellaire City Library. In addition to annual dues from members, the Friends primarily raise funds by holding used book sales during the year.
The City of Bellaire is fortunate to be able to to support our quality of life with comprehensive library services. Our Library provides materials, programs, and reference service through available technology that meets the recreational, research, and informational needs of Library patrons of all ages.
Join us for semi-annual outdoor book sales and the ongoing indoor sale. New members, charitable donations, and volunteers are always welcome!
Our donations help fund:
- Summer reading support through funding of reading incentives, programs, and this year’s registration software
- Sets of reference material like World Book Encyclopedia
- Funds for support of digital e-books (Hoopla)
- Purchasing books for adult and teen book clubs
- Furniture for Young Adult area
- Posters and signage for the interior of the library
- Outdoor Book Return followed in later years by an art covering for it
- Collaboration with Patrons for Bellaire Parks to improve the backyard area of the library for outdoor library activities
- Funds for specific topics for the collection development
- Promotion and support of all library activities and celebrations
- Hope to see you soon!
Because we are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of IRS regulations and may be matched by your employer. Please check, and thank you.